If you are a Data Scientist who wants to build algorithms to power search & recommendations product for a global user base, how does the challenge of working on a database of 300 Million+ records, a user base of millions of users from across 100+ countries, sound like? If this got you excited, read on!
Cactus Labs is looking to hire a Senior Data Scientist who can make R Discovery the best research discovery platform for researchers across the globe. The key ingredient to this is the recommendations engine which needs to ensure every researcher receives his personalized feed of best top 3 papers to read – on the app, web and email inbox right at the start of each day. Think of the Spotify algorithm, the LinkedIn algorithm and the Flipboard algorithm; take inspiration & learn and do what it takes to build an even stronger algorithm to recommend the top 3 papers personalized to each user every day.
- Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data
- Analyze data and user feedback and iterate on the algorithms. Best algorithms are iterated upon every single day, ours is no different – you will build, test, go-live & capture feedback multiple times every single day
- Work with product, business and other stakeholders to understand the business goals and formulate an actionable roadmap for experiments and iterations on the algorithm(s)
- Use machine learning tools, predictive models and statistical techniques to produce solutions to key problems
- Assess the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work
Requirements (Desired skills & experience)
- A Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Data Science, Compute Science, Mathematics, Machine learning / AI or related fields.
- 3+ years of professional experience is required, preferably around building and running recommendation engine.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as clustering, k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision tree learning, Artificial Neural Networks, etc. and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structure, algorithms, architecture and OO design).
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages: C++ or Python.
- Passion for solving real world problems and ability to get things done
- Experience with AWS cloud is a plus.
About R Discovery
R Discovery is an initiative from Cactus Communications which aims to re-define how research content is discovered, accessed and read by researchers (academics) across the globe. It is one of the most exciting and revolutionary new developments in the industry. Built on the foundations of cutting-edge technological innovations in AI, Machine Learning, NLP and Deep Learning, R Discovery enables a researcher to access his personalized feed of most relevant and recent content in a single tap.
R Discovery was launched as an Android and iOS app in 2020. It also has a web presence and serves thousands of users from 60+ countries every week across platforms. In a very short span of time, it’s advancing towards the milestone of half a million user-base. A large majority of users rate the R Discovery recommendations engine as the best in the industry for suggesting them top papers to read every single session. The app has been rated 4.5+ on Google Play consistently for many months.
About Cactus Labs
Cactus Labs, an R&D and innovation cell of Cactus Communication focuses on reimaging customer experience and publishing workflows leveraging AI and machine learning. We pursue big ideas that power transformation advances at Cactus communications and for our customers to work smarter, faster and secure every day. We are engineers, linguists, researchers, technology leaders and experts working to develop next generation products that are transforming scholarly communications. Our products have a global reach with users in 170+ countries and is required to handle data at massive scale. At Cactus Labs, we are looking for software engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas including information extraction, information retrieval, distributed computing, large scale system design, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and list is growing every day. Our engineers are versatile, display leadership qualities and are enthusiastic to take on complex real-world problems across the industry as we continue to push our limits and advance the technology.
Are you a real Machine-learning enthusiast and is looking for a place, where you can apply, experiment, build and integrate your ideas to products? If so, we have variety of real-world problems to apply your research in Artificial intelligence, natural language processing and much more.