Aeyon (formerly Artlin Consulting) is seeking high energy individuals who are passionate about helping clients achieve process excellence. Qualified candidates will have a creative, holistic, and systematic approach to problem-solving. This position supports our client at the Department of Defense.
The Data Scientist works in a highly-collaborative, team-oriented office environment. The candidate must be comfortable sharing ideas and contributing to team efforts. This is not a software development position, but an analytics position. The Data Scientist will deliver creative and quality analytics products to our leadership. Desired products will include new and creative processes, modeling and statistical approaches, data visualizations, and written statistical analysis reports.
- Leverage data analytics and subject matter expertise to collaboratively develop new analytic products.
- Create visualizations using PowerBI, Clik and/or Tableau.
- Provide our client’s workforce with templates and reporting guidelines to enable them to recreate data products and visualizations in line with industry best practices.
- Leverage technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, providing process efficiencies, or addressing a pressing business problem.
- Support the development of new data analytic products and brainstorm solutions for better data metrics, visualizations, and improvements to existing data systems within the organization.
- Communicate effectively with senior leaders to shape and develop analytical approaches to improve data quality, data goals and initiatives, as well as how to measure progress on those initiatives.
- Effectively collaborate with other team members to solve strategic and data problems creatively, synthesizing new solutions from disparate inputs.
- Support and facilitate working-level meetings and projects that further efforts to collaborate on creative solutions to improve our access to important data and support decision-makers across the Department in the near-term and long-term.
- Effectively work with functional strategy analysts in the office and throughout the organization to develop measurable and useful metrics for strategic initiatives, with the intent to help our client become more data-driven.
- Identify and support key near-term actions to establish a foundation from which to augment our existing data infrastructure and analytic capabilities, protect data assets, and enable the organization to use and understand data.
- Help improve data literacy within the organization, leveraging best practices for identifying and addressing data quality concerns as well as opportunities to train the broader workforce to better utilize the data they have.
- Under general supervision, employee will be expected to exercise sound and independent judgment and consistently exercise discretion.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Masters Preferred) Data Science, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Economics, or related field.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a SECRET Clearance.
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving priorities and urgent strategic needs.
- Demonstrated history of excelling in team-oriented environments, and quickly learning and/or adapting to new situations.
- Ability to diagnose and apply appropriate tools and techniques to manipulate, analyze, and communicate findings from large, complex data sets.
- Experience performing quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Ability to clearly explain complex scenarios to technical and non-technical team members through written and oral communication.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be resourceful and take initiative.
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment.
- Experience with Qlik (particularly VizLib extensions) or PowerBI.
- Experience using SQL to manipulate data in databases.
- Light experience in programming languages like R and Python.
- Experience analyzing the Industrial Base and/or Industrial Base Supply Chain.
Tools and Proficiency Level:
- Required: Excellent Microsoft Office skills, with advanced skills in Excel.
- Desired: Proficiency in Python and/or R languages statistical analysis packages.
- Desired: Demonstrated experience using SQL to merge and query large, complex datasets.
- Desired: Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and analytics software platforms to include: Qlik, Tableau, Alteryx, Snowflake, etc.
- Desired: Demonstrated experience using cloud platforms including AWS and Microsoft Azure.
Aeyon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with Aeyon’s vaccination policy. As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022, regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before starting employment with Aeyon.