View job on Handshake
DATA SCIENCE INTERNSHIPS
The Indianapolis Tech Ecosystem seeks passionate students to work as Data Science Interns in the summer of 2022. In this role you will work alongside experienced data scientists to actively contribute to meaningful projects and gain valuable experience. This is an opportunity to apply the knowledge you’ve learned in the classroom and develop the skills you’ll need for the next step in your career.
WORK AT A RAPIDLY-GROWING TECH COMPANY
The Xtern program places you with a high-growth tech company for a 10-week, full time, paid internship over the summer with free housing. Xtern finalists will interview with three-to-five potential tech companies for their internship on November 12th, 2021.
- Assist in the identification and analysis of opportunities, risks, and trends.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to stakeholders on analysis performed
- Utilize technical skills to deliver systematic, automated, or statistically significant information with little initial human monitoring or intervention.
- Develop market analysis, client analysis, forecasts, and automated alerts for business leaders and divisions.
- Provide ideas for new alerts, determine the best methodology for delivery, and participate in discussions to implement
- Broadly utilize database systems and technical skills to perform analytics faster and more efficiently
- Identify opportunities to access additional data, continuously scaling data repositories & capabilities
- Stay current with leading edge systems, methods, and best practices for data science analytics and data infrastructure
- Strong SQL scripting skills
- Classroom experience using statistics and machine learning is a plus
- Demonstrated experience (classroom, personal, or professional) programming in R, Python, and/or Tableau preferred.
- Experience with AWS products a plus
- Previous experience with data science projects preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to translate and relate IT terminology to business needs and vice versa
JOIN US FOR THE BEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE
- Professional Networking and Skills Development: When you join the tech community in Indianapolis, you join a community of artists, makers, and technologists who are passionate about helping each other create the best product, affect the most change, and be the best builders they can be. Through newly-developed, specialized training tracks based on your professional interests, we plug you into that community from day one.
- Civic Engagement: In Xtern, we believe in making a big impact – both in our companies and in our community. We want to help you change the world for the better, one great idea at a time. Whether you’re helping the city pursue some of its most challenging problems or teaching the next generation of kids to code, you’ll have support to dive into any project.
- City Immersion: Experience the social and cultural scene that makes Indy such an awesome place to live with Xtern events across the 10-week internship program.
If you’re looking to make an impact on a growing tech community, be sure to apply online before the deadline, October 11th at 11:59 PM.
The Xtern Program also recruits for internship opportunities in the following roles:
• Business Analyst
• Software Engineering
• Devops/IT Networking
• Graphic Design
• Product and Project Marketing
• QA and Testing
• Technical Customer Success and Support
• UX Design