At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
About the role:
As a Student Trainee (Data Science), you will perform duties in connection with providing computer science, mathematical, statistical, and data science activities.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in using code and statistical analysis to collect, analyze, and interpret data
- Support team members by collecting data and information, performing data quality reviews, running statistical models, conducting data analysis, and providing assessments to management.
- Support preparation of reports including creation of visualizations (e.g. graphs in excel), translation to business intelligence tools, and/or development of written materials to convey statistical information and business insights.
- Assist higher level employees in hypothesis testing.
$21.44 – $26.33 per hour
Where we’re hiring:
· You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position.
· You will be subject to a background and suitability investigation.
· You must be 16 years old to be employed by the Federal government.
· You must be a baccalaureate or graduate degree student on at least a part-time basis as determined by the academic institution.
· Currently Enrolled and seeking a degree (e.g., baccalaureate or graduate) at a qualifying educational institution/program on a part-time basis for the upcoming FALL 2022 semester. -OR-
· Accepted for Enrollment to pursue a degree (e.g., baccalaureate or graduate) at a qualifying educational institution/program on a part-time basis for the upcoming FALL 2022 semester. The individual must complete enrollment requirements prior to appointment.
TRANSCRIPTS or other applicable education documents (e.g., acceptance letter) are required at the time of application to verify program eligibility and qualification requirements.
- Have a bachelor’s or higher degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science, or in a field directly related to the position. The degree must be in a major field of study (at least at the baccalaureate level) that is appropriate for the position. (Note: Transcripts must be submitted at the time of application.) -OR-
- Possess a combination of education and experience. Have courses equivalent to a major field of study (30 semester hours) as shown in paragraph A above, plus additional education or appropriate experience. -OR-
- Currently pursuing a degree or coursework in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science, or in a field directly related to the position and will meet one of the above requirements prior to graduation. (Note: Transcripts must be submitted at the time of application.)
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://go.cms.gov/Careers
Apply by 8/01/22!