Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world’s best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Varian’s Beam Generation and Monitoring (BGM) team is responsible for researching, designing, and continually improving the various subsystems that form Varian’s medical linear accelerators (LINACs) for radiation therapy treatments. The purpose of a LINAC is to generate and control an electron beam that is targeted toward tumors located on patient bodies. This electron beam is either directly used to treat patients or is first converted to an X-ray beam before reaching a patient’s body. The goal of the BGM team is to ensure that LINACs are designed to deliver a safe and correct dose to patients throughout each treatment.
The BGM team is looking for an intern versed in Data Science to investigate field data and draw conclusions.
Responsibilities will include
- Analyzing correlations between supplier testing data and Halcyon performance
- Tracking replacements of subcomponents to analyze product lifetimes
- Setting up Splunk dashboards to track subcomponent testing data and lifetimes
- Independently searching for novel insights
Desired skills or experience
- Near or finished undergraduate degree in a technical field
- Experience in Data science and some programming
- Knowledge of Mathematica/MATLAB or equivalent
- Ability to communicate results of project
- Prior experience with radio frequency systems is a bonus
To ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements in the U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally required and approved accommodations.