The future will not be televised. It will be streamed. Help us make it happen.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Founded in 2002, Roku has been a pioneer in the growing industry of streaming content. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem around the world. With more than 43 million active accounts as of Q2 2020 (41% growth in the last year alone), our platform enables content providers and advertisers to reach a massive and highly engaged consumer audience.
As a Data Science Intern at Roku you’ll have multiple paths to choose from. Teams you’ll have an opportunity to work with range from devices and CoreOS, content, and advertising. No matter the team, you’ll be responsible for directly developing innovative solutions and high-quality products that touch millions of people every day.
This is the role for you if you:
- Are currently pursuing a Bachlor’s, Master’s or PhD in a quantitative or similar field.
- Graduating in December 2022 or later.
- Must have strong analytical, project management & presentation skills.
- Foundational understanding or experience applying statistical concepts to real world problems (A/B testing, logistic regressions, etc.).
- Excellent command of SQL and experience working with Big Data.
- Experience coding in R and Python (preferred).
- Thrive in an ever changing and quickly growing work environment.
We strive to make Roku a great place to work for employees who don’t need a lot of handholding. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. We have high expectations and pay well in a competitive market. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a small but mighty team that’s changing how the world watches TV. We think that’s pretty cool. How about you?