Chewy is hiring an enthusiastic, action-oriented and statistics Master’s student for our 2022 Data Science Summer Internship for our Boston, MA office. Our Data Science interns should have a dense skill set in Statistics and are dedicated to solving some of the most analytically complex problems here at Chewy.
The Data Science team here at Chewy works across all platforms of marketing, e-commerce, and supply chain. As an intern, you will play a pivotal role in identifying growth opportunities, cost-savings efficiencies as well as shaping the direction of the broader organization. Ideal candidates will have strong analytical experience, the ability to independently identify trends from big data, and be able to develop operational strategies based on findings. Keys to success also include strong accountability, a passion for innovation, and an analytical mindset that never stops pushing forward.
What You’ll Do:
– Conduct research through detailed analysis of historical data to identify opportunities throughout the business.
– Monitor business trends, analyze data, and develop forecasts for our ecommerce retail platform.
– Create models to assist in the opportunity identification process.
– Develop tools to create efficiencies such as quickly identifying optimal source offerings for each item in the catalog.
What You’ll Need:
– Currently completing a Master’s degree program focused primarily within -Statistics and/or an undergraduate background in Mathematics, Economics or a heavy quantitative concentration
– Preferred prior internship or professional experience working in a data-intensive environment
– Minimum of 2 years of experience writing SQL queries
– Experience working in Tableau or similar data visualization platform
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience with R, Python or other statistical modelling language
– Track record of taking ownership and driving results in an environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
– On-point business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
– Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.