Group Company: TheMathCompany, Inc
Designation: Data Science Engagement Manager
Office Location: Remote position based in Chicago, Illinois
TheMathCompany is one of the fastest-growing AI/ML consultant companies in the world. We are committed to enabling viable and valuable data and analytics transformations for our clients. We are helping Fortune 500 organizations build core capabilities that set them on a path to achieve analytics self-sufficiency. By defining and delivering comprehensive and robust analytics engagements, we change the way companies execute enterprise-wide data engineering and data science initiatives. To help us achieve our objectives, we are looking for top talent to join our success story in the United States.
We are looking for passionate individuals to help our clients solve complex challenges enabling their sustained analytics transformation. As a member of our Client Services team, you will lead a team of Associates and Senior Associates who design, execute and implement cutting-edge analytical solutions. You are responsible for institutionalizing data-driven insights and recommendations to bring customer strategies to life. An ideal candidate should be able to manage client engagements and relationships while leading internal teams. Your role will involve generating insights and developing recommendations and communicating strategy and delivery plans with clients. The candidate will become familiar with the strategic direction of our customers and help them translate their goals into action on existing projects while also developing a pipeline of additional projects.
As an Engagement Manager, you will:
● Design strategy and roadmap for building analytics capabilities of large organizations
● Build relationships with customers to become a trusted partner who provides thought leadership and strategic guidance
● Proactively identify sales and business development opportunities for your existing clients
● Lead, mentor, and coach a team of Associates and Senior Associates across our US offices to ensure the success of both our team members and our customers
● Work with your counterparts in India – who lead local Data Science teams – to effectively deliver projects leveraging our global delivery model
● Solve complex business problems for organizations, leveraging conventional and new age data sources and applying cutting-edge advanced analytics techniques
● Bachelor’s degree
● 6 – 10 years of experience managing projects in a fast-paced environment across various industries or functions with a demonstrated track record of successful leadership
● Proven technical expertise (Regression, Machine Learning, Classification, Time series, etc.) and knowledge of various analytics tools (R/SAS/Python/SPSS, etc.)
● Demonstrated ability to structure and manage large scale analytics programs – identifying resource and technical requirements, defining methodology, and operationalizing the program
● Strong networking capability coupled with growth mindset focused on acquiring new projects and growing existing engagements
● Experience in working with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
● High level of comfort dealing with ambiguity and change; must be able to translate business gaps into analytics problems defining the analytical approach, delivering actionable insights, and operationalizing recommendations
● Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships, often in complex and sensitive environments
● Must be willing to travel up to 80% of the time
● Authorized to work in the U.S.
● Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
● Master’s in Business Analytics, Data Sciences or equivalent
● Consulting background a plus
● Full benefits, top-tier PPO plans. Health Insurance, dental, vision, 401K matching contributions. Free life insurance, and additional options like short-term disability insurance.
● 20 days of PTO leave 10 holidays.
● Real – Rapid growth opportunities.
● People-centric culture. Multiple engagement activities and events.