KnowSun Data seeks data science talent to assist our SF and NYC-based teams in applying novel techniques to diverse industry verticals – including advanced unsupervised anomaly detection methods, recommender systems, deep learning layers and decision trees while facilitating integration with web mobile and hardware point solutions. Concentrations will include applying state of the art techniques in data science, performing statistical analyses, and delivering highly performing prediction systems for integration into software products and services for global clients at scale.
- Select features, build and optimize classifiers using deep learning techniques
- Process, clean, and verify integrity of data used in analysis
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and continuous tracking of its performance
- Interact cross-functionally with a variety of constituents, including engineers and clients to identify opportunities for product functionality optimization
- Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of user facing products; example application areas include ad quality, search quality, end-user behavioral modeling and live experiments.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale. Develop comprehensive understanding of data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for products development and operations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong experience with advanced unsupervised clustering techniques to facilitate anomaly/fraud detection on large amounts of network data
- Excellent understanding of deep learning techniques and methods, including Convolutional and Recurrent Neural Networks, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forest, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R, NumPy, TensorFlow, and Torch et al
- Experience with data visualization tools such as D3.js, Tableau and GGplot
- Proficient in query languages such as SQL, and Hive
- Experience with NoSQL databases including MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong applied statistics skillset; distributions, statistical testing, regression
- Strong scripting and programming skills