Location: Remote – USA only. U.S. citizens and green card holders considered.
Salary: $60,000 – $80,000
TARGETSMART DATA PRODUCT WORKFLOW DEVELOPER
The TargetSmart Data Products Team is a small agile team of motivated individuals who welcome challenges, adapt quickly, accept new responsibilities, and work well individually, as a team, and with other teams within the organization. A Data Product Workflow Developer is a member of the Data Product Team that operates, maintains and improves the data pipelines that create and deliver high-quality and impactful data products for TargetSmart clients.
The Data Product Workflow Developer collaborates with Data Product Managers and Specialists to establish schedules and timelines, and is responsible for the scheduling, running and the on-time completion of data product workflows. Data Product Workflow Developers are expected to develop a deep understanding of TargetSmart data sources and data products, and to work with the team to ensure TargetSmart data products are accurate. Further, they are responsible for creating or updating workflows to enhance the data products or improve the build processes. They are also responsible for troubleshooting any problems with workflow execution that arise, and for escalating issues they are unable to resolve to the Engineering or IT teams
The Data Product Workflow developer ranges from entry-level to mid-level positions. Individuals in this role can choose to advance along either a technical expertise track focused on the implementation and maintenance of build workflows, or a product management expertise track focused on data sourcing, quality and customer needs.
· Author, document, support, and manage data processing workflows that build, maintain, and update U.S. voter registration lists and other data products
· Test and audit workflows to ensure complete and correct execution
· Workflow review with a focus towards improving efficiency and accuracy
· Support processes for auditing and validating data sources
· Respond to support requests on workflow execution. Investigate and resolve issues
· Support processing of data for internal and external client support work and delivery
· Assist in the organization and lifecycle of data assets
· Assist in the creation of workflows that process, audit, promote and archive production files
· Professionally communicate internally and externally with stakeholders as appropriate
· Attend all client and internal meetings and conference calls as needed
· Support TargetSmart’s culture and mission as a leading Democratic & Progressive political data and data services firm
· Strong organizational skills
· Attention to detail
· Problem-solving experience
· Solid communication skills
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Domain knowledge related to United States electoral data and consumer data
· Basic computer scripting using Python
· Database querying using SQL
· Security & data privacy principals
· Source code control using Git
About TargetSmart Communications
TargetSmart is a leading provider of political data and technology that enables campaigns and organizations to successfully communicate with large audiences, personalize outreach, and create lasting relationships. Our superior politically focused, consultative approach combines consumer data, databases, data integration and consulting solutions for personalized multichannel marketing strategies. TargetSmart leverages over 25 years of experience in data management to deliver high-performance, reliable data products and solutions.