At Sleep Number we are improving lives every day by helping people sleep better every night. Learn more about a company that’s championing a health and wellness revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join our SN Labs Team for a 12-week internship experience as a Data Platform Engineering Intern.
- Collaborate with the team to build software components that implement key aspects of the full data lifecycle, including acquisition, transformation, management, export, and analytics
- Collaborate with the team to build APIs and interfaces to deliver key analytic and data science insights
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on multiple data projects
- Collaborate with the team to identify and provide tools and training to help others leverage data
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of SQL (e.g. Postgres, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB).
- Strong problem-solving skills and algorithm scaling.
- A passion for answering questions from analysis of data.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest trends in web application development, including Amazon AWS ecosystem.
- Experience with multi-threading, replication etc. concepts in cloud applications.
- Knowledge of distributed machine learning platforms like Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, Mahout or GraphLab
- Expertise in data science, modeling, machine learning, and analytics.
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Strong verbal and written communication and team player qualities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.