View job on Handshake
Guidepoint’s Qsight group is a new high-growth division of Guidepoint focused on building market-leading data intelligence solutions for the healthcare industry. Operating like a start-up within a larger high-growth company, Qsight works with proprietary data to generate actionable insights for the world’s leading institutional investor, medical device, and pharmaceutical companies. The Qsight team is passionate about creating market intelligence products through rigorous analysis of alternative data to deliver highly relevant, accurate insights to a global client base.
The Data Engineer Intern will be trained to support the design, development, and maintenance of the critical data-pipelines that drive our flagship products. And as a member of the Qsight team, you will have an opportunity to contribute-to and scale our fast-growing data platform.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The Internship Program is a paid, full time, ten-week program. It provides formal hands-on training, a weekly learning series, social networking outings, and mentorship opportunities designed to cultivate a skillset that will be invaluable throughout your career. Guidepoint currently operates on a hybrid model, so you will get to experience our in-office culture throughout the week.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with experienced data engineers to develop and support data ingestion, transformation, and delivery processes – using Python, SQL, AWS, and Snowflake
- Collaborate with analysts, data scientists to automate critical business solutions
- Support and improve our monitoring and data quality processes
- Evaluate new technologies that improve performance, maintainability, and elegance of our architecture
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Familiarity with SQL concepts of joins, aggregations, primary keys, NULLs
- Fluency with Python or equivalent
- Relevant experience or coursework
- Pursing a BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and ability to learn quickly
- Meticulous, organized, critical thinker with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
WHAT WE HAVE:
- Culture based on growth and development
- Commitment to DEI initiatives
- Free snacks and beverages
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Casual work environment
- The internship is fully paid at $25.00 an hour
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies.