View job on Handshake
Paramount is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, Paramount provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
In the Paramount Summer Internship Program, interns will be working in a vibrant and inclusive environment alongside employees from different backgrounds. Through our in-depth offerings, interns gain exposure across our business while making significant connections for their future and accessing exciting career opportunities. In addition to hands-on experience our programs include networking, mentorship, resume workshops, speaker sessions, career development, visibility to top industry executives, and much more.
Key Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- The Data Engineer Intern should possess a deep sense of curiosity and a passion for building smarter products based on data, and the ability to communicate data structures and tools throughout the Digital Media organization.
- Help support data pipeline development, which includes machine-learning algorithms using disparate data sources.
- Extract patterns from large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage.
- Collaborate with the internal product and business intelligence teams to resolve the best approach around data ingestion, structure and storage, then working with the team to ensure accurate implementation.
- Ability to break down and communicate highly complex data problems into simple, feasible solutions.
- Experience with tools such as: Python, SQL, Advanced SQL, git, Apache Airflow, Django Chart.js, D3.js BigQuery, dbt.
- Experience with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB).
- Experience with exploratory data analysis using tools like iPython Notebook, Pandas & matplotlib, etc.
- Strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills.
- Experience with developing data pipelines.
- Experience with Google Cloud, Microservices Ex, Grafan, Jira, Confluence is a plus.
- Experience with data management systems, both relational and NoSQL (e.g., HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences, as well as translating business requirements into Data Solutions
You might also have:
- Experience building and deploying application on a cloud platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Experience with full stack application development.
- Experience with a Python web framework such as Django or Flask.
- Familiar with version control systems.
- Can perform statistical analyses using tools such as R, Numpy/SciPy with Python
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.