At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic drivers for future success. We are investing significantly in building our advanced analytics team. The Analytics team at TE is part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging big data and advanced analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy, and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite. This Data Engineering intern will directly report to the Director of Analytics Insights.
We are on an exciting journey to build and scale our advanced analytics practice; in this position you will apply your skills to unlock opportunities and enable top strategic priorities for TE. You will be working on problems that require advanced analytics applications to create value for diverse business functions such as supply chain, pricing, Industrial IOT & digital factory implementation, digital marketing and sales growth, and will impact business units that span through multiple geographic areas.
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12-week program, interns will be provided with:
- Onboarding & Orientation
- Professional Development Workshops
- Networking Opportunities
- Operations Experience
- Executive Exposure
- Analyze, organize, segment and disseminate raw or unprocessed data based on business needs.
- Be the key anchor for data extraction, preparation and hosting processes.
- Create master data files from disparate data sources by building data pipelines.
- Develop and test architecture for data extraction.
- Provide continuous connectivity to a master data source and access to refreshed data
- Ensure data quality and reliability
- Data expert for datasets used by data scientists
This position will be located in Harrisburg, PA.
What your background should look like:
- Pursuing a B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- Experience in SQL RDBMS design and T-SQL query building skills (Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of ETL practices
- Experience profiling, manipulating, and merging massive data set using Big Data technologies, preferably from AWS, Google, Microsoft, or Cloudera.
- Visualization tool experience, especially with Tableau
- Attention to detail and logical based thinking in building, testing, and reviewing data pipelines containing multi-disciplinary information
- Data Engineering & AWS Cloud Certifications
- Strong communicator – both written and spoken
- Strong problem solver who can invent new techniques and approaches if necessary
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.