View job on Handshake
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in nutritionals, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 103,000 people.
At the Abbott Nutrition Division, we understand that proper nutrition is the foundation for living the best life possible. That’s why we develop science-based nutrition products to nourish your body at every stage of life. Our products, including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna®, and ZonePerfect®, help babies and children grow, keep bodies strong and active, and support the unique nutrition needs of people with chronic illnesses — to make every stage of life a healthy one.
Data Engineering / Data Science Summer Contract Position
This position will provide hands-on experience with broad exposure to the advanced analytics disciplines within Abbott Nutrition. The areas of focus will include: data manipulation and analysis, data model building, and data visualization. The selected candidate will be assigned a meaningful and challenging assignment that will be geared towards a specific business need. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to demonstrate their leadership skills and analytical ability throughout their assignment. Ideal candidates will combine technical and business knowledge with analytical strength and creative problem-solving abilities.
· Abbott Nutrition Division
· Location: Columbus, Ohio
· 12-week program
· Competitive pay
· One-on-one mentorship
· Meaningful project work
· Structured training
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
Responsible for supporting advanced analytics projects across Abbott Nutrition, by delivering actionable recommendations based on identifying, designing, and implementing advanced analytical studies utilizing statistical data modeling techniques.
· Create, maintain, and update advanced analytical models.
· Collect, query, integrate, and transform data, including large data extraction, cleaning and harmonization processes, across a wide range of datasets and sources; including Point of Sale (POS), syndicated data sources, survey responses, consumer demographics, Marketing Email’s Send, Open or Click history in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
· Analyze data using appropriate methodologies.
· Conduct Ad Hoc analysis.
· Interact and conduct strategic discussions with leaders.
Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with concentration in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or related field.
· Hands-on experience in data mining, data warehousing tools and data analysis technology to query databases, analyze data, and visualize findings
· Ability to solve business problems through analytics
· Experience in statistical programming (such as SAS, R, and/or Python)
· Familiarity with database design and SQL with strong Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) process understanding
· Desktop computing skills and experience using word processing (e.g., Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and presentation graphics (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint) software programs.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Requires a high level of organization, strong project management skills and a penchant for details.
· Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship.