Data Engineering Co-op – July 2022 Start
Work Duration: July 11- December 16, 2022
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE FEBRUARY 18th
All candidates who apply on or before February 18th will be reviewed and prioritized for interviews. After the priority period, we will continue the interview process for any remaining roles that have not been filled.
Wayfair Data Engineering is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
At their core, Data Engineers at Wayfair are strong technical individuals who enjoy working with large data sets. They are comfortable working with both business users and other engineers to develop tools and datasets enabling self-service analytics. There are significant opportunities for new team members to emerge as leaders, taking on additional projects and responsibilities with strong performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs
- Build appropriate data architecture, data pipelines, reporting, data exploration, processes and quality controls to enable self-service Business Intelligence
- Develop curated data sets that are easily consumed by non-technical users
- Partner with business users and engineers to build the metrics and attributes required to address broad business needs
What You’ll Need:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record and able to work full-time from July 11- December 16, 2022
- Ability to execute on technical requirements to complex business requirements
- Collaborative and eager to partner with business reporting and engineering to execute the optimal technical implementation for analytics
- Excited about working with terabyte sized data sets to design scalable, robust analytic solutions
- A background in SQL
- Solid business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills
- Experience implementing data-driven solutions, such as reporting, algorithms, or data integration systems to align business goals
- Programming experience with at least one language such as Python, Scala, Java, C++ highly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills