We are looking for a Data Engineer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, building data warehouses, and managing business intelligence applications, which are used by some of marquee clients in healthcare. You will also be responsible to ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
Are you driven to make an impact in healthcare? We believe that the path to better patient outcomes starts with more fulfilled, better utilized clinicians who are liberated to focus on their true calling, helping patients. At Carta, we design products that transform the way hospitals use data to deliver care. We make analyzing data fast, easy, and useful for everyone.
You love solving complex engineering problems. You’re a positive individual who cultivates conceptual thinking and brings a curiosity and experimental approach to solving engineering challenges. You enjoy building new features and writing elegant code. If this describes you–you belong at Carta.
- Analyze and problem solve production deployments
- Manage client configuration following our agile process
- Develop infrastructure to translate data to our FHIR knowledge graph
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Help design our client configuration
- Plan and coordinate production engineering processes on a daily basis to produce high quality products.
- Perform engineering analysis to reduce downtime and outages.
- Provides training and guidance to team members to accomplish production goals.
- Stay current with product specifications, engineering technology and production processes.
- Investigate problems, analyze root causes and derive resolutions.
What you’ll need:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Python expertise (4+ years experience) – Pandas, Jupyter, Flask, Docker
- Postgres or SQL expertise
- Experience building data pipelines.
- Experience with structured Enterprise Architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps
- Experience in network infrastructure, security, data or application development
- A hands-on, engaged approach to solving problems
- Excellent communication skills and experience in collaborative environments
- The desire to be continually learning about emerging technologies/industry trends
Why we love Carta Healthcare, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Mission driven
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and 401k