As an intern with the Exchange Technology Data Engineering Team, you’ll work with individuals across the organization to help advance IEX’s data technology initiatives. This is a cross-functional opportunity where you’ll be able to leverage your technical and problem-solving skills to help IEX set new standards and raise the bar for performance, fairness, and transparency.
As an intern, you’ll work with a high caliber team to maintain a data warehouse and to expand on a high-performance data stack that collects, queries, and analyzes terabytes of data per day.
No prior finance experience is necessary – just an appetite to dive deep into coding and data analysis, and to learn as you go.
- Collaborative team player
- Willingness to take on any challenge, no matter how big or small
- Strong penchant to maintain data integrity at all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to building fairer and more transparent markets
What you’ll do (Opportunities available):
- Design and create databases from new vendor feeds and update them on the required periodic basis
- Build UX applications that display real-time statistics as well as accept user inputs and commands
- Develop deployment structure to run data applications in the cloud
- Enhance data stack to advance data collection technologies
- Enrich query libraries to allow more autonomy for users
- Contribute to system design, including API design, testing, deployment and monitoring
- Contribute to analyses of system latency, client experience, and market data signals quality
- Collaborate with Business Analytics Team to produce meaningful analytics and trends
- Collaborate with Regulations Team to help achieve high compliance standards
- Work with Systems Reliability Engineering team to keep infrastructure on par with demand
- Working knowledge of data structures (lists, maps, tables)
- Familiarity with programming languages and tools (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++, BitBucket, Jenkins, package managers)
- Experience working in a Linux environment
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Kdb+/q
- Interest in market structure and electronic trading
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers’ rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.