View job on Handshake
Support the team with a focus on data extractions, transformations, and design. The engineer will need to be able to quickly understand and transition between discrete elements of a larger project, based on tasking assigned by the development lead. The engineer will also need to be able to quickly isolate and address any issues encountered by users in the course of their use of the system, providing clear, concise documentation of both problem and solution. The engineer will work primarily with extract, transport, and load (ETL) tools as well as scripting languages to feed data into multiple persistent datastores.
This is a partially remote position. This position will be fulfilled in person at the Company’s Vienna, VA headquarters location for a minimum of four-to-six days per month, to be scheduled in accordance with Cipher Tech’s business operation needs. The remainder of the work may be performed at an approved remote work location in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, or Washington state only. This position may NOT be performed outside of these locations except with the prior written authorization of the Company. The candidate will be responsible for all commuting and or travel costs when fulfilling the in-persons needs at our Vienna, VA headquarters.
- Must be a US Citizen (no exceptions)
- Must be eligible for a security clearance
- Must have a Bachelor or Master’sdegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Data Science.
- Minimum graduating GPA 3.25
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations and problems
- Able to operate inmission-critical and time-sensitive environments
- Strong working knowledge of data formattingtools and methodologies
- Strong working knowledge of scripting tools such as Python and R
- Strong working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to work successfully and effectively within group environments and functional teams both in person and remote
- Familiarity with maintainable software processes including software documentation, source code versioning, and unit testing
- Knowledge of various relational databases(MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of various NoSQLdatabases (MongoDB, Neo4j, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of system architecture
- Experience developing for secure environments such as DoD, Intelligence Community, Finance, or Healthcare
- Mission focused work environment
- Subsidized medical/dental/vision insurance
- HSA contributions
- 401k matching
- Holiday and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Monthly WAN parties & quarterly events
- Flexible hours
- We do offer relocation assistance for those relocating 75 miles or more
Be aware that you are applying for a job that requires a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
If you do not already hold a US government security clearance, we do have the ability to sponsor you for one, however be advised that this can be a multi-year process.
The U.S. government will not issue security clearances to current or recent users of illegal drugs. On your application to us, you must acknowledge that you have not engaged in any illegal drug use within the past twelve months (illegal drug use includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal substances, the misuse of prescriptions, the misuse of over-the-counter substances, and the use of medical or recreational marijuana that may be deemed legal at the state level but is still considered illegal by the federal government).
NOTE: CIPHER TECH WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH A DISABILITY, INCLUDING ILLEGAL DRUG USERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY SOUGHT PROFESSIONAL TREATMENT FOR A DRUG PROBLEM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.