Retail Business Services, ranked No. 25 on Fast Company’s 2022 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five omnichannel grocery brands, including Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued. For more information, visit https://www.retailbusinessservices.com.
Are you passionate about data? Do you like solving complex problems? Then come and join our Business Intelligence & Analytics team at Retail Business Services, a proud company of Ahold Delhaize, a startup environment in the middle of a big corporate office. We are looking for creative out-of-the-box problem solvers.
Our Data & Analytics teams specialize in delivery of next generation data platform, information driven reporting solutions and works to align technology solutions with business objectives. This development position exposes associates to Cloud technologies and Business Intelligence tools including enterprise data lake, large scale databases, streaming technologies, ETL/ELT, and reporting tools. This position will be responsible for technical design and development of data products, translating requirements into data pipelines and reporting solutions, user acceptance testing to deliver effective solutions.
January 17th- June 9th
- Genuine excitement and passion for analyzing complex datasets and converting them into the information/insights that drive business decisions at all levels of the organization
- Experience writing, analyzing, and troubleshooting SQL code in relational database management systems (RDBMS), especially Oracle and/or MS SQL Server
- Experience with any one of the programming languages Java, Scala, and Python
- Possess an understanding of business intelligence solutions utilizing MicroStrategy, Power BI, Tableau, QlikSense or similar BI tool in a data warehouse or data mart environment
- Exposure to ETL/ELT, Data warehouse and dimensional modeling concepts
- Ability to propose analytical strategies and solutions as a business need
- Exposure to big data technologies (Hadoop/Spark)
- Manipulating high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Ability to work on NoSQL Databases like CosmosDB, MongoDB.
- Ability to work on data pipelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent diagnostic, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to adapt quickly to change without being afraid to take on new responsibilities in a fast-paced team environment while being proactive and action-oriented
- Exposure to Spark/Databricks and cloud technologies preferably Azure
- Understanding of data streaming concepts. Knowledge of tools such as Kafka, Event Hubs
- Knowledge of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and disciplines including machine learning algorithms
- Understanding agile development methodologies or concepts; experience with is a plus
- Exposure to Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning
Must be enrolled in a BS/BA, MS, or PhD program or a recent graduate in related field