Want to make a tangible difference in the future of accountable care?
Love applying the latest technologies and statistical models to solve tough problems?
Looking for a fulfilling career that gives you autonomy, mastery and purpose?
We are a small team of data scientists, actuaries, programmers and healthcare economics experts who love what we do and wouldn’t trade it for the world. Join us!
Validate Health provides financial simulation, economic forecasts and actuarial risk management services for healthcare providers to thrive within the always evolving and complex value based care (VBC) models. Our mission is to enable provider accountable care organizations (ACOs) to focus on taking care of patients, while we take care of their highest impact strategic VBC decisions.
As a Data Engineer you will get to play a key role in the delivery of powerful data-driven products that enable sustainable value-based healthcare models.
- Program in a variety of languages and platforms to automate the processing of patient-level healthcare transactions, third party data sources and aggregated public health data.
- Serve as the data wrangler and ETL expert for the company. Ingest, transform, cleanse and augment internal and external data assets.
- Build algorithms for fuzzy matching, de-duplication and rule-based de-identification. Fully indulge your love for math, statistics and logical problem solving.
- Leverage the main toolsets: Python, Anaconda stack (Jupyter Notebook, NumPy, Pandas, MatPlotLib/Bokeh, SciPy, Scikit-Learn), Postgres, Apache Airflow, Spark, TensorFlow and several AWS services (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, Redshift).
- Lead data modeling, database design and performance optimization. Write SQL for defining database objects and performing manipulations. Leverage graph databases for network analysis.
- Continuously learn by investigating and adopting new technologies.
- Computer Science degree from a respected university program. Masters preferred or Bachelors with history of accomplishments.
- Two experience levels available:
- 5+ years of full-time experience or demonstrated accomplishments in software development. OR
- Recent university graduate with Computer Science degree from a top tier program.
- Demonstrated mastery with Python and its ecosystems of data manipulation libraries. (Also beneficial to have knowledge of other data science tools, such as R or SAS.)
- Must demonstrate mastery through successfully completed internship or a personal project outside of the classroom.
- High level of expertise in SQL, relational database optimization, stored procedures and data modeling. Understanding of or desire to learn graph database concepts.
- Mastery of Linux command line, shell utilities and Git / GitHub.
- Understanding of methods to ingest and process non-relational JSON and XML formatted data.
- Experience with scalable cloud data services. AWS RDS and Redshift are preferred, but Azure or GCP are good too.
- Familiarity with concepts used by ETL tools (such as SSIS, Informatica and Talend) is a plus, but an ability to create more purpose-built solutions by leveraging open source tools is a must. We love Open Source and so should you!
- Desire to be an expert in healthcare and passionate about making an impact in this field. Experience with healthcare claims and clinical data is beneficial. Understanding of HIPAA compliance is a plus.
- Fully remote team means you’ll benefit from a work environment optimized for a truly remote company culture, which provides a fulfilling work experience and career growth opportunities
- Fun, energetic, collaborative and rewarding learning environment
- Opportunity for continuous personal growth and development through daily team whiteboard sessions, research projects, and agile experimentation mindset towards product development
- Stock options and profit sharing
- Health coverage and 401K
- We are currently only accepting candidates based in the US / North America and available for full-time employment within 3 months.
- Send in your latest resume to careers+handshake@ValidateHealth.com.
- Write a note explaining your long-term career goals and what makes you particularly interested in Validate and this position specifically.
- Please include links to LinkedIn and GitHub if applicable, and any other links that you feel speak to who you are and your capabilities, such as publications, blog or portfolio.
- Specify the date you’re available to start work, visa/citizenship status, and any sponsorship requirements.
- Indicate that you’re willing to take an aptitude test.
- Add “Data Engineer via Handshake” to the subject line.