Spartronics develops, manufactures, and manages the full lifecycle of robust electronic and electromechanical devices for commercial aerospace, defense, space, instrumentation and control, life sciences and medical device applications. Our proven experience in complex problem solving, uncompromising attention to detail, program management and thorough documentation processes enables our customers to achieve excellence.
Spartronics is seeking a Data Engineer to assist with system data migration, data warehouse creation and loading, and ongoing system integration projects. Candidate should have a solid understanding of data engineering technologies and data management practices.
- Work with Sr Data Engineer on ETL and data migration activities
- As part of a team, identify and analyze existing data sources for data warehouse construction and integration
- Work with business and BI teams to identify data requirements for various tasks
- Build data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate data from disparate sources
- Develop models that can be used to make predictions and answer questions for the overall business
- Establish, document, and maintain effective data practices, to support business systems and decisions.
- Work with DBA and IT teams to help identify inefficient or problematic DB practices
- Review new technologies and methodologies to ensure the organization stays in best practices
- Position may require limited travel
- Write efficient and reusable SQL, utilizing best practice with data management.
- Solid understanding of development using Python. C# or Java a plus.
- Familiarity with XML, Parquet, and JSON data formats
- Assist DBAs with administration activities as needed
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks to produce high quality work both alone and with a team.
- Strong organizational skills. High level of personal discipline
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate with all levels of the organization, including technical teams and business users.
- This job description is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, IT, or equivalent required; advanced degrees, a plus
- Demonstrated Experience in SQL Server. Oracle experience a plus.
- 4+ Years SQL development
- 4+ Years combined programming/scripting experience using Python, C#, or Java.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory or Azure Synapse a plus.
- Databricks and Delta Lake experience is a plus.
- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
It is understood that certain minimum requirements are not tested for but monitored for competent capability during the employee’s indoctrination period.
This is a Full-Time salaried position that will be working with our Corporate IT Department. Position is REMOTE and can be located anywhere in the US. Full benefits package that begins on Day 1 of your employment (Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, 401k (with company match), Long and short term disability, Life Insurance.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Spartronics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled 41 CFR 60-1.4