We are looking for an experienced data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data systems. For example, you’ll create algorithms and conduct statistical analysis. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
To succeed in this data engineering position, you should have strong analytical skills and the ability to combine data from different sources. Data engineer skills also include familiarity with several programming languages and knowledge of learning machine methods.
If you are detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills and experience in this field, we’d like to hear from you.
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build data systems and pipelines
- Evaluate business needs and objectives
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Develop analytical tools and programs
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Java and Python)
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field; a Master’s is a plus
- Data engineering certification (e.g IBM Certified Data Engineer) is a plus