Control Risks is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team and support our Client’s Data Analytics and Engineering team. The Data Engineer will have broad skills in database design, be comfortable dealing with large and complex data sets, have experience building self-service dashboards, be comfortable using visualization tools, and be able to apply their skills to generate insights that help solve business challenges. The Data Engineer will be required to bring vision to the table and implement positive change in taking the company’s global security data to the next level.
- Design, maintain, and troubleshoot data processing pipelines and large-scale databases using MS-SQL and Python for optimal extraction, transformation, loading, and validation of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Investigative data analysis, pulling and reconciling data across multiple systems and databases Cultivate an understanding of security concepts to assist in identifying ongoing information, measurement, and reporting needs
- Closely work with product owners & analysts to understand business and functional requirements and contribute to the design and prioritization discussions.
- Monitor and support data pipelines to honor internal and external SLA’s.
- Leverage data modelling and data engineering techniques to assist in the development of end-user dashboards and reports.
- Identify key business metrics measurements and develop methods to represent data in support of the measurements
- Ability to learn and adapt to continually evolving technologies in the big data ecosystem.
- Working with a team of engineers where mentorship is valued.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science or a similar field
- Quick Learner, Attention to Detail, Strong communication and organizational skills
- A desire to work in a collaborative, intellectually curious environment
- Experience extracting/querying/joining large data sets at scale
- Advanced MS SQL Server based analysis skills, in addition to experience with Python
- Experience with data modelling and data engineering for developing dashboards
- Extensive SQL experience including stored procedures, complex joins, automation and jobs, stored procedures, loops and dynamic querying, database scripting and performance tuning
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in Data Engineering, BI Developer, or Data Scientist with heavy SQL experience
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarized in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary bonus scheme that incentivizes, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasize the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.