View job on Handshake
The Data Engineer will work with clients to deliver end-to-end products leveraging DevSecOps and data management strategies to meet customer requirements. They should have the expertise and/or demonstrated history of architecting and managing data collection pipelines with applications in software engineering and automation. They will be working on a multidisciplinary team including cyber subject matter experts, engineers, and software developers with minimal supervision to facilitate software engineering efforts with an emphasis on data pipelines and automation.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: As of October 1, 2021, Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), in compliance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, you will be asked to follow our process to request an accommodation.
Data Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership to multiple projects as they integrate data analysis & automation into their workflow
- Collaborate with engineers and subject matter experts to design customized solutions that meet evolving project requirements
- Oversee the development of data analysis environments to ingest and process data from a variety of industrial systems
- Conduct appropriate testing on all developed infrastructures
Data Engineer Required Qualifications:
- Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a Top Secret security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics with minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant industry or academic experience
- Remote work is approved for this role
- Occasional Travel is required
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL, and experience with other languages (GO, C++, etc.)
- Communicate complex quantitative matters in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Strong sense of ownership and attention to detail
Data Engineer Desired Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in computer science, IT, operations research, mathematics, physics, or a related field
- Related experience in cybersecurity and/or binary analysis
- Strong willingness to expand knowledge base
- Acumen for autonomous work alongside a collaborative team
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.