“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, generous bonuses and premier benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
“I can succeed as an EDGE Early Career Associate at Capital Group.”
As an IT Early Career Associate, you’ll be placed in a selected team and your manager will assign you to work on different technology, systems and projects as needed. As a Direct Placement Associate, you’ll be part of an engaging cohort experience that focuses on learning and development along with making connections through social events and networking during your first year at Capital Group. You’ll learn directly from our leaders through a speaker series, take on interesting business problems in sprint challenges and engage in activities to strengthen your technical skills and business acumen. You will be well supported and will learn how information technology elevates our ability to provide the best technology platforms for our internal customers and how the Capital System has sustained superior results over time.
“I can do meaningful work.”
- You will build cloud-based solutions for enterprise data pipelines on AWS and/or Azure using the latest technologies, including but not limited to Cloudera/Hadoop, Databricks, Synapse, Hive, and Spark.
- You will build skills in collaboration, requirements gathering, testing, managing ambiguity in a fast paced environment, and influencing outcomes.
- You will lead end-to-end delivery of select features in our data platforms.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You are currently a senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, cognitive science or equivalent.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- You have practical experience with one or more of these technologies: SQL, Python, Alteryx, and/or reporting/visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI
- You have a passion for data and its possibilities, along with a propensity for analysis and logical/critical thinking
- You have basic understanding of SDLC and agile methodologies
- You express ideas effectively and interact professionally with others
- You are not intimidated by the new and unfamiliar and embrace a continuous learning mindset
- You are solution driven, accountable for results, and comfortable socializing your thought process
- You are highly collaborative and willing to share your point of view
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.