Data Analytics 2022 Intern – Corporate
SharpRank is excited to announce the SharpRank Fall 2022 Data Analytics Internship program. This will be a Summer semester program purposed to allow college Juniors and Seniors the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of working for a professional sports and data analytics organization. Students/Teammates will have an opportunity to not only learn from some of the industry’s leading professionals but will also get a chance to experience life at a sports tech startup firsthand.
Highly motivated individuals will be selected for a 12-14 week (with a possibility of a performance based extension) Development Program for SharpRank. The selected candidates will work on well-defined projects with clear goals that will require a combination of analytical, technical (programming), quantitative & strong communication skills. The focus areas will be within the Data Analytics/Business Intelligence/Data Science needs relevant for SharpRank business growth while providing immense opportunity to learn and grow. Project definitions:
• Build Reports, Dashboards, Visualizations & drive change management – Training and adoption
• Understand user data needs and translate to build dashboards & powerful visualizations
• Project based data science and statistical modeling with proprietary data sets
• The right candidate will be self-motivated and have a “Product Maker” mindset in approaching the internship. Strong conceptual thinking to understand the business and ability to grasp analytical & technical concepts
• The candidate will work directly under the supervision of a Manager with expertise in the area for supervision in defining project goals, milestones and deliverables through the duration of the 12-14 weeks.
Our internships offer you the opportunity to:
• Explore Career Opportunities – by working in the field you have chosen; you can receive an inside look at your potential career path, especially within SharpRank’s growing platform
• Network – meet a variety of people in your chosen profession through your internship, allowing you to form relationships you can build on in the future
• Find Mentors – certain individuals can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities to which you can aspire
Students should be pursuing a pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Information Systems or relevant degree concentration. Previous experience preferred. The ideal candidate is a hands-on team player who has a passion for sports, sports analytics, and the growing sports gaming space. We are looking for someone that is a self-starter and is eager to make their mark at new and rapidly growing company. They must be tenacious and trustworthy and be at ease in a rapidly changing yet rewarding environment. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement, delivering a quality, robust product, and, most of all, sports!
The qualified candidate will apply lessons learned in his/her previous experience and pull it all together to take on a foundational and eventual leadership role in a startup company with a bright future. They will work directly with the leadership team on their semester goals and role execution. The key to success for the qualified candidate is an open channel of communication between the candidate and the leadership team. Have a question or an idea for improvement? We’re all ears. Email us at Josh@SharpRank.com
• Must be a recent graduate, or enrolled full-time as a Junior or Senior for the Summer 2022 semester at an accredited university.
• Minimum GPA of 2.75
• Eager to learn and work with various departments in the company
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with R, Python, Tableau a plus
• Ability to work in a supportive team environment
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to multitask
• Previous experience is a plus
Application deadline: April 29
Internship Dates: May through August
SharpRank is proud to offer internships and opportunities with the following departments*:
• Brand Management – Marketing/Social Media (Virtual or Corporate Office)
• Data Analytics (Corporate Office Washington DC – Baltimore Metro Area)
• Corporate Sponsorships/Partnerships (Corporate Office Washington DC – Baltimore Metro Area)
• Campus Ambassador (Respective Campus)
* Please only apply to a posting that is relative to your degree program.