Our Data Analytics Internship Program offers opportunities for 10+ interns to work on real projects collaborating with a range of team members, including other interns through senior level management. We’ll place you in a role customized to your expertise and interests, all while working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. You’ll be assigned a formal leader and mentor to help guide you through the program. This is an excellent opportunity to understand and learn more about Principal’s growing analytics community!
Your responsibilities could include:
- Actively collaborate with stakeholders, leadership and IT to research, analyze and deliver data solutions.
- Mining data sources and making that data easy to interpret through visuals and other consumable formats
- Participate in project teams to develop and maintain processes and work with in-time or scheduled metrics and reporting
- Apply a variety of statistical techniques to business problems in order to generate insights
What key characteristics will make you a good fit for a data analytics internship?
- The curiosity and desire to dig to find answers within data
- Strong story telling abilities to translate data into insights for business partners or less technical audiences
- Desire to explore new data techniques, languages, and data sources
- Currently pursuing or completed undergraduate or graduate level degree program in data , statistics, mathematics, or related field
- Exposure to data analytics through coursework, previous internship, etc… required
- 3.0+ cumulative GPA
- Involvement in student organizations on respective campus or in the community
- Exposure to one or more of the following: Python, R, or SAS whether through development, course work or other experience
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Leadership experience within student organizations or in the community
- Previous internship or work experience in a related field
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Shiny, Poltly, Flask, D3
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, etc…)
This internship can be located either at our corporate headquarters in Des Moines, IA or remote per your preference and business need.
What to expect from your internship?
We’re committed to providing you a great experience. This past summer, we held our first ever hybrid based internship program – and had great success. Principal is committed to continuously enhancing capabilities to provide a highly collaborative hybrid work environment.
At this time, we’re not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.