Internships at OppFi
At OppFi, interns make a real-world impact by driving projects that require higher-level thinking, collaboration, and leadership. Upon arrival, our interns operate as full-time team members and have been responsible for creating systems, tools, and practices that tangibly improve our bottom line and are still used today.
As a participant in our internship program, you’ll be part of a cohort of interns across 13+ departments. In addition to the work you’ll do within your department, you’ll get to know your fellow interns through a variety of collaborative projects and virtual social events.
We provide interns with career development opportunities including regular lunch and learns with leadership team members and a buddy program that pairs each intern with a tenured employee who serves as a friend and mentor. Our full-time employee base boasts a robust population of 20+ former interns, and whenever possible, we aim to extend full-time offers to interns who perform at a high level and achieve their summer goals.
This is a 10-week paid summer internship that will be remote flexible.
OppFi’s Strategy, Operations Excellence and Partnerships (SOEP) team oversees overall operations and drives strategic programs to support overall growth and profitability of the installment loan business. The team is responsible for understanding business drivers and identifying opportunities for operational improvement. Previous Data Analytics interns have supported the team with project work that has included performing customer segmentation analyses, running A/B tests to improve conversion, redesigning processes, and creating dashboards for tracking key performance indicators.
- Improve the business by building sophisticated reporting dashboards, algorithms, and analyses that breathe more intelligence into E2E customer journey transformations, including, but not limited to, loan automation, application conversion, collection effectiveness, omni-channel forecasting, process redesign, and contact optimization.
- Work through ambiguous problems and propose solutions by leveraging data to create insights and drive decisions through the use of SQL, R, Python, and/or other programs.
- Create reporting dashboards and compelling data visualizations that help communicate your findings to both technical and non-technical audiences, including leadership level stakeholders.
- Opportunity to own business critical projects end-to-end; quantify the root cause, communicate findings, then design, test, and implement solutions.
- Graduating in June 2023 or December 2022.
- Pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, economics, engineering, or computer science.
- Ability to take in data to create insights and present findings.
- Experience with SQL and Python/R or willingness to learn.
- Strong communication skills.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at email@example.com.