ALLIANCE OF COMMUNITY HEALTH PLANS
POSITION: Data Analytics Fellow (Full-Time, Non-Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Director, Market Strategy and Analytics
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
RATE: Commensurate with experience
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) represents the nation’s top-performing non-profit health organizations to improve affordability and outcomes in health care. ACHP member organizations embrace a unique partnership model in health care, bringing together health plans and providers on behalf of the patients and communities they serve. ACHP advocates on behalf of its members, highlighting tested solutions impacting communities nationwide and a proven approach that delivers better value for patients, employers and taxpayers.
ACHP is committed to diversity, inclusion and equity within our organization and the promotion of these values across the health sector. We encourage different perspectives, identities and backgrounds, regardless of job function in order to create a more resilient organization that supports a strong, equitable health industry. We foster this by encouraging openness and transparency about diversity issues and we are invested in strategies that seek to equalize opportunities within ACHP.
The Data Analytics fellowship requires a detail-oriented and enthusiastic individual interested in performance improvement, policy and data analysis, and in facilitating health care-related learning among ACHP’s member organizations. To be successful in this position, a candidate must be a self-starter, dedicated to delivering high-quality analytics products. The successful candidate will contribute to ACHP’s analytic activities supporting ACHP’s policy agenda through analytic products and building new and innovative ways to use data to serve our member organizations. The fellow (or Intern) should be interested in data analytics and health policy. This position requires a one year commitment and successful candidates will be strongly considered for full-time employment.
This fellowship affords a recent graduate the opportunity for rapid learning and growth. Drawing on strong quantitative skills, the graduate fellow will learn about health care economics, managed health care market landscape and related priorities, and quality measurement. This fellowship will provide an excellent foundation for a successful career in health care policy or health care analytics. Fellows will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the data analytics team.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The graduate fellow supports the ACHP Market Competitiveness team with advanced Excel-based analyses and SAS programming. Some of how the fellow will support the team include:
· Analyzing publicly available and member-reported datasets (e.g., CMS enrollment, CMS Star ratings CAHPS, HOS, HEDIS) to better understand quality, competitive managed care market landscape and business impacts.
· Using ACHP’s suite of databases, tools, and resources.
· Supporting analytic presentations to clearly and concisely convey insights for key internal and external audiences.
· Collaborating with advocacy team in communicating data and research findings.
· Support work groups that consist of senior leaders from member organizations.
· Work with ACHP’s data analytics team to continuously enhance our analytic offerings by identifying and implementing new data sources and analytic approaches.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, computer science, business, or similar area of study required; Graduate degree in mentioned areas preferred.
· Quantitative skills that include the ability to create data visualizations, be facile with descriptive statistics, understand causative versus associative relationships and incorporate evaluations of various data collection methodologies into analytic assessments.
· Some experience with statistical, database and data visualization software including PPT, Python, Excel, SAS, and Tableau; ability to create AWS or SQL queries.
· Some familiarity with a variety of health care data sources, including HEDIS, CAHPS and CMS Medicare Advantage Star Ratings.
· 1-2 years of relevant health care experience or quantitative analysis preferred.
· The ability to manage and organize complex and detailed assignments.
· Excellent judgment, quality assurance and critical thinking skills.
· Confident and friendly verbal communication with a customer-focused mindset.
· Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Work is in an office environment, unless altered by CEO or Vice President of Operations
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.