Juniper Legal Organization (JLO) is a global and diverse team of dedicated legal professionals who share a passion to serve as a competitive advantage to Juniper. The JLO Operations Team is responsible for driving efficiencies and productivity for the entire legal organization. If you have a passion for innovation, are analytical, tech savvy and able to move quickly while maintaining laser focus on what matters most, then we are the team for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This exciting position will involve working with various legal stakeholders to develop analytics that will provide insights to drive efficiencies and shape the department’s future roadmap. The intern will gain experience interpreting business requirements, working with real world data challenges, and applying their technical skills to create data analytics and visualizations that provide the most valuable business insights. The intern will get the opportunity to present these insights to senior legal management and other legal stakeholders at the end of the program.
This project will also offer the intern an opportunity to work with various legal tools and help develop automation capabilities that reduce manual work and develop efficiencies. Under the guidance of the JLO Operations Team, you will gain experience conducting user interviews to understand requirements and translating those requirements into technical specifications for designing and implementing compelling business solutions.
Job assignments and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Extract and analyze data, create analytics and visualizations to provide the most valuable business insights using Tableau.
- Debug data inconsistencies and raise those when appropriate to the project teams for appropriate remediation.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical legal stakeholders during the entire lifecycle of the projects.
- Respond to requests for ad hoc data analysis, as needed.
- Develop source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets.
- Define and implement access and security framework for deploying Tableau reports to business users.
- Leveraging user discussions to create process flows, business requirements and technical specifications documents.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to develop automation solutions based on business requirements.
- At least 3 years of college in a field such as Computer science, Data Science, Engineering, Physics or an equivalent field.
- Experience designing, developing and testing of data analytics applications.
- Demonstrable experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools is a must.
- Must be proficient in SQL and comfortable with Python.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team coordination skills.
- Superior critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task, with strong organizational skills.
- Candidates pursuing Master’s degree in Computer science, Data Science, Engineering, Physics or an equivalent field.
- Experience in statistical analysis, automated data mining, pattern recognition, and or prediction modeling.
- Corporate or law firm work experience and an active participant in school activities is a plus.
Candidates must be currently pursuing a bachelor/master’s degree and returning to school following completion of the summer internship.
In addition, you will join our comprehensive University Talent Program that fosters personal as well as professional growth, thoroughly preparing interns for the next step in their careers. Juniper internships are project-based, allowing interns to solve important problems, make lasting impacts on their teams, and contribute to the company’s overall objectives. Interns are mentored by some of the most talented and skillful innovators in the industry; you will connect with transformative thought leaders who promote disruptive ideas in their field. You will also participate in constructive professional workshops, company-wide community service initiatives, and an executive speaker series. You’ll build lasting friendships, expand your network, and connect with colleagues from around the world.
At Juniper Networks, you will not only have opportunities to build real-life, hands-on work experience – you’ll also have the chance to learn from the best and lay the groundwork for a successful career.
Juniper’s 2022 internship program is expected to be conducted in-person at one of our campus locations pending COVID guidelines.
As Juniper is a US Federal Contractor, proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all U.S. employees. Juniper will consider accommodations for medical conditions or religious reasons on an individualized basis.
Juniper is an Equal Opportunity workplace and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristic. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual qualifications, merit, and business need.