At COTA, our vision is for data-driven cancer care to become the standard across healthcare. We believe that everyone touched by cancer deserves a clear path to care. Together, we can make that vision a reality.
We’re searching for smart, motivated people who share our passion for bringing clarity to cancer. Connect with us, introduce yourself, and apply to one of our summer internships.
Being an intern at COTA comes with many benefits! At COTA, we are committed to workplace wellness and employee happiness. Some of the benefits of working as an intern at COTA include:
- Monthly MetroCard
- Paid Holidays
- Company team building events
- Educational lunch & learns
- Cause-driven employees
- Fun and productive culture
LOCATION: New York, NY in-office
- Help develop real-world-data products for the oncology space
- Support Business Development teams with questions about patients for life sciences use cases
- Bachelor degree in computer science, statistics, applied math, econometrics or similar quantitative field
- Must be curious and intellectually humble. “Know what you don’t know” and ask for help from others with more domain expertise
- Python, SQL, version control, data maintenance, and other relevant computational techniques and processes
- Solid foundational knowledge of descriptive and predictive statistics
- Collaborative self-starter. Cota is a startup environment and you will be working cross-functionally daily with data scientists, engineers, medical professionals, and business professionals.
At COTA, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that celebrates and values diversity with the belief that it drives our innovation. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is a guiding principle on how we build teams and develop leaders. As part of our commitment to building a respectful culture that encourages, develops and celebrates different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, culture, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions, including decisions to hire and promote, will be based on merit, competence, business need and performance.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
All employees who work from or enter COTA’s office location or attend company events or meetings in-person must be fully vaccinated unless an exemption applies.
“NOTICE OF COLLECTION OF APPLICANT PERSONAL INFORMATION UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT (CCPA)
This Notice applies only to the collection of personal information from California residents on and from January 1, 2020. Cota (“we”) is committed to maintaining the privacy and security of our job applicants’ personal information. In connection with your application for employment, we will collect and process personal information that you provide to us or that we obtain through employment agencies, background check agencies, your professional or educational references or other third parties or service providers. This information includes contact information, such as name, email address, telephone number and other identifiers, professional or employment related information, and education information. We may also collect information concerning your protected characteristics if voluntarily provided by you. We will use your personal information and share it with third parties solely for purposes of considering your application for employment, and should you be hired, in connection with your employment.”