Founded in 2015, Alpha Square Group is a boutique New York City firm with origins as family office, registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as an investment advisor. We invest in growth-stage Fintech and Enterprise SaaS companies. Collaborating with pioneering companies and their innovative technological solutions, we dedicate ourselves to providing ASG’s global network, capital, and resources to help such companies scale up and grow. Our senior advisors are industry experts with decades of hands-on experience and deep expertise in finance, healthcare, and technology.
Mission: Keep growing together. ASG build a platform for employees and portfolio companies to grow and achieve win-win.
ASG hopes every employee achieves their personal goals while working in the company. Building a deep and long-term relationship with each other and developing a life-long relationship with ASG employees and alumni. ASG provides wide networks and resources for you to grow as far as you want.
Our Business Areas: growth-stage Fintech and Enterprise SaaS companies investment, FoF investment, Hedge Fund investment, and public market investment.
· Possess keen interest in financial markets with an ability to step in and work directly with business stakeholders
· Have a strong SQL background in addition to an understanding of modern data warehousing techniques and best practices
· Experience with Tableau or other BI software
· Python – fluency in analytical toolkit (NumPy, Pandas, etc.)
· Strong foundation in statistics and mathematics
· Comfortable working with, and combining, disparate and diverse data sources
· A strong intuition for analytical methodologies and desire to solve novel technical challenges
· Communication skills
· Verbal – An ability to communicate and relate to both business and technical coworkers
· Written – An ability to author documentation appropriate for a range of audiences: the business stakeholders, technical community, and upper management
· Time and Task management – An ability to manage multiple priorities and raise issues in a timely and productive fashion
· As a member of the team member will be an active participant in valued analytical initiatives within the firm, responsible for solving complex business problems with data
· Generate analysis, data visualizations, and automate reporting to drive business initiatives
· Develop and support our python-based data intelligence platform, focus on analytical deal analysis, investment processes, and monitor of current allocations
· Gather requirements from business stakeholders to understand their processes in order to plan and deliver data focused solutions
· Manage multiple projects and deadlines, identifying paths forward and solutions
· Grow a culture of data science within the firm, including leading Tech Talks and occasional training sessions
· Additionally, you will use new and open-source technologies to develop proof-of-concept tools, such as AngularJS, Bootstrap, GraphQL and other web platforms