View job on Handshake
Data Analyst Intern
Intern Location: Fort Washington, New York, Chicago
Link Logistics Real Estate (“Link”) owns and operates the largest U.S.-only portfolio of logistics real estate, leasing warehouse space to everyone from e-commerce giants to mom-and-pop shops. Established by Blackstone in 2019, we combine scale, cutting-edge technology and logistics expertise to help our customers grow their businesses. Our portfolio includes more than 500 million square feet in dynamic markets nationwide. About 5 percent of U.S. GDP—translating to some $1 trillion every year—flows through the space Link customers occupy in our facilities.
Because we believe that good business must be synonymous with doing good, strong environmental, social and governance practices are foundational to our identity as a firm. These practices include setting ambitious goals to combat climate change, partnering with local nonprofits, and prioritizing internal diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. We seek to use our position, ideas, and influence to drive progress in our industry and the wider world.
At Link, we give our customers space to grow—and we give people space to grow, too. Our paid 10-week summer internship program helps students gain valuable experience and develop business skills while learning the basics of commercial and industrial real estate. We offer internships in 12 departments including Capital Markets, Construction, Development, Financial Planning & Analysis, Investments, Leasing, Property Management, Marketing and more.
Link is looking for actively enrolled juniors (rising seniors) who would be interested in a Data Analyst internship on our Technology team this upcoming summer. Summer interns will have the opportunity to become exposed to several disciplines within the Technology organization and learn how Link uses technology as a differentiator in its Industrial Real Estate business.
What You Will Bring:
- Assist the data team with developing and automating business processes for data aggregation, cleaning, and general maintenance
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of data platform modifications to accommodate evolving business needs
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of analytical tools to interface with data and derive meaningful insight
- Assist with data foundation testing, quality assurance, and support to ensure smooth, stable, and timely implementation of new data solutions
- Assist with maintaining, integrating, and implementing data solutions within the organization
- Support and collaborate with various business units to address ad hoc data inquiries
- Assist with maintaining various data points in multiple tenant or user facing systems
- Performs routine assignments commensurate with an entry level data analyst
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems
- Receives instruction, guidance, and direction from more senior level roles
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- Pursing a degree in data analytics, data science, business analytics, computer science, statistics, mathematics
- Ability to maintain and implement data solutions
- Strong interest in learning how to apply data analytics to the industrial real estate industry
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with senior level management will be required
- Basic project management skills
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Python, SQL
- Data extraction, data ingestion, and data analysis
- MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Excel, PowerBI, Teams, Snowflake, Looker
- SQL report development