View job on Handshake
Are you interested in a new career? We may be looking for you!
TrinityRail is searching for a Data Analyst in Dallas, Texas!
The successful candidate will help engineer data solutions and provide visualizations to derive insights. The analyst should have experience in data mining and transformation, developing data pipelines, and creating visualizations. Presentation skills are required to explain data architecture, expose insights in the data, and lead conversations with the leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Work with data engineers to facilitate technical design of complex data sourcing, transformation and aggregation logic, ensuring business analytics requirements are met
- Assist in generating hypothesis that drives strategic questions about the leasing business
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to derive and understand business outcomes
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, Finance or Accounting, Masters preferred
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience
- Possess competencies with SQL and data transformation tools to understand and prepare data
- Familiarity with ‘Modern Data Warehouse’ architecture using cloud based storage solutions and data orchestration (e.g. Blob storage, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory, etc.)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Qliksense and techniques in translating business analytics needs into data visualization and semantic data access requirements
- Intermediate skills in Data Architecting, Visualization, SQL, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint
- Technical fluency regarding data models, database design/Development, data mining and other segmentation techniques
- Experience using cloud based data orchestration tools
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience with data conversion, interface and report development
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Process improvement and automation a plus
- Proof of COVID19 Vaccine is required