We are seeking a qualified Data Analyst to provide support for studies in the Division of Healthcare Delivery Science in the Department of Population Health. The Data Analyst will be focused on extracting and curating electronic health record (EHR) data that can be used to conduct observation studies and clinical trials. The Data Analyst will report to Dr. Saul Blecker in the Division of Healthcare Delivery Science and work closely with faculty and staff in the Division of Biostatistics and the Medical Center Information Technology Department. Projects will include a new federally funded initiative to understand both short term and long term outcomes for patients with COVID-19 as well as data driven initiatives to ensure delivery of high quality care in our health system.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Extract, maintain and clean data from electronic health record (EHR) databases and other sources in support of research protocols and projects.
- Create secondary data sets using from databases to support new and ongoing research
- Perform reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness of data.
- Provide technical assistance and support to stakeholders to help them use data resources effectively and creatively
- Under supervision of research faculty and with the guidance of the teams lead biostatistician, conduct statistical analyses and present them to the team and collaborators.
- Support creation of tables and other data visualizations.
- Participate in project meetings and workgroups to share knowledge and best practices
- Master’s degree in pertinent field (clinical informatics; information management; statistics; biostatistics; epidemiology; public health; health care administration; computer science or similar field).
- At least 1 year of work experience and/or research experience in a relevant setting.
- Strong quantitative skills and advanced programming skills in R and/or SAS.
- Experience with database queries and SQL
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative research team.