Job Title Research Analyst I / Research Analyst II
Department / Reporting To: Analyst/Director of Analytics
Education Analytics is a non-profit organization that provides partners with meaningful data and analytics to inform policy decisions. We help our partners find rigorous and innovative ways to better understand and support students, teachers, and leaders through advanced research methodologies, cutting-edge reporting and visualizations, and data infrastructure that improves access to student data.
Purpose of Position:
The Research Analyst position is expected to consistently provide high quality and innovative work to Education Analytics. This position will be required to support processing, as well as interpret and analyze large educational data sets. This position will also be responsible for cleaning and integrating data from numerous district and state sources as well as running statistical modeling code and ad-hoc analyses.
Duties And Responsibilities:
• Work within a team to complete various analysis projects
• Meet project deadlines in a timely manner
• Write code using programming language ‘R’
• Investigate data sources, understand data quality, and process data according to agreed-upon rules
• Support implementation of various statistical models
• Complete ad-hoc requests for reports, visualizations, and research projects
• Develop visualizations and reports for a variety of audiences, using a variety of visualization tools, including R Shiny and Apache Superset, among others.
• Provide analysis to researchers to drive discussions on analytic approaches
• Interact with data warehouses and query data using SQL
• Ability to work 45 hours per week at EA’s office in Madison as well as possible additional nights and weekends
• Research Analyst II’s may have additional responsibilities based on experience
Education And Experience
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field from four-year college or university
• Proficiency with a statistical programming language desired (R strongly preferred)
• Understanding of statistical modeling techniques like linear regression, logistic regressions, and machine learning desired.
• Research Analyst II’s will have at least 1 year of experience
• There is little to no travel for this position
• Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
• Ability to sit for an extended period of time.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time and up to 6 hours at a time.
• Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
• Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
• Ability to lift and move up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Compensation and Benefits
EA has a generous benefits package including:
• Generous 401k and health benefits
• EA contributes 12% of salary into a 401K for all staff, and we also match up to an additional 3% of salary. So, a staff member who contributes 3% will receive 15% from EA for their 401K. A staff member who does not contribute anything will still receive 12% of their salary and bonus into their retirement.
• Paid parental leave for up to 26 weeks
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance options with a generous employer contribution
• Employer-paid short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
• 9 paid holidays of your choosing per year
• 26.5 vacation days/year and sick leave accruals
• Employer-paid transportation support for Madison-based employees
• Paid professional development opportunities
• Flexible workplace options
Application Materials – Applications for the position must include a cover letter and resume. Completed applications will be reviewed by the Data Strategy team. Candidates invited to interview will receive an FAQ about the hiring process, the position, and EA, as well as instructions for completing a video interview. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Final deadline to submit an application: 5:00pm CST on
Equal Employment Opportunity – Education Analytics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We want to let candidates know that EA is a federal contractor with over 50 employees. As the situation has evolved with federal requirements, we now require vaccinations for all employees. Medical and Religious accommodations will be granted where they do not cause Education Analytics undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others. Keep this requirement in mind and please reach out if you have any questions or would like to request accommodation.