View job on Handshake
At Cortland, you map the story of your success. We don’t adhere to the status quo, we love outside industry perspective, and we thrive on exploring possibilities and reimagining solutions. As an innovative leader in multifamily, our high performance continues to drive exponential growth – and we invite you to join us on our journey towards real estate excellence. With tools and guidance to sharpen your skills, you can forge your own career path, love what you do, and let it show.
As a Data Analyst, you support the development and acquisition of multimillion-dollar, multifamily apartment home communities through quantitative analysis, modeling, and reporting.
Roles You Will Play
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate financial models and analysis to facilitate operational decisions, including revenue and expense management
- Build new tools to scale and guide mission-critical organizational processes
- Create methodologies and models to track valuations of revenue streams
- Leverage data science and analytics to identify operational opportunities
- Leverage technologies such as the Azure BI Stack, BI and GIS visualization platforms, and modern developer tools to execute innovative solutions that facilitate data-driven analysis, automation, and data science
- Apply dimensional data modeling to solve business problems
- Analyze, develop, and maintain data pipelines from internal and external sources
- Apply continuous integration/delivery and version control best practices
- Manage and BI and GIS visualization platforms, working with company executives to push forward an aligned vision and implementation
The Impact You Can Make
- The Operations teams look forward to seeing your well-developed models, insightful reports, and in-depth analyses.
- Investors have a crystal-clear picture of how their assets are performing thanks to your continuous and clear communication.
- Your understanding of data is so spot-on, everyone is always turning to you for key analyses.
Building Blocks of Success
- Degree in a quantitative or financial discipline
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Proficiency in financial modelling, accounting, and statistics
- Understanding of real estate dynamics
- Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
- Expertise with Git, SQL, and Python
- Knowledge of Tensorflow, xlwings, and the Python scientific stack is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Cortland, we create, reimagine, and manage apartment communities for residents nationwide. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, we have communities and regional offices all over the country, as well as overseas. From product design and procurement to general contracting and property management, we do it all – to make sure our communities are the perfect setting for living life to its fullest.
Our success is fueled by our belief in a better life – where hospitality is always a given, each detail is worth a second thought, and every open door is a new opportunity to go beyond expectations. We come to work every day to create possibilities for people – possibilities that translate into superior living spaces and experiences designed to inspire our residents, associates, and investors to live a better life focused on what matters most to them.
Cortland is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud to support and celebrate diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equal consideration for all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation or assistance with the application process and/or using our website, please email email@example.com or call 404.965.3988. Cortland is a drug-free workplace. Cortland participates in e-verify to verify the employment status of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Share with your network