View job on Handshake
Gurucul is transforming enterprise security with user behavior and predictive analytics. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, rapidly growing and progressive environment, this is the position for you. Gurucul offers competitive compensation packages and full benefits for all full-time employees.
GuruCul is currently seeking highly motivated Cyber Security Engineer to work with a wide variety of clients implementing the latest predictive security analytics solutions. The position offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your potential. Qualified candidates will be well-rounded individuals who have a passion for working in a client-facing position, implementing robust, scalable, enterprise security solutions. Technical Implementation Specialists install, setup, troubleshoot, and train customers on our cutting-edge enterprise security software solution. Non-travel days will be spent resolving issues from previous implementations, sales support and preparing for your next project.
- Deliver efficient, maintainable, robust and reusable enterprise solutions
- Install, integrate, and deploy Gurucul’s predictive cybersecurity analytics solution in enterprise client environments
- Communicate to clients and partners aspects of both the product and the implementation at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation
- Gather, analyze, and document post-sales requirements
- Develop prototypes of system designs and work with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes.
- Serve as a technical resource; provide tech knowledge and capabilities as a team member and individual contributor.
- Maintain familiarity with support versions of our product, platform, procedures and processes and technology-supported through Customer Service
- Communicate with various areas regarding their roles and representing customer performance requirements
- Direct and perform follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction
- Communicate with customers directly during the implementation process, progress and completion.
- Work with multiple project teams with competing deadlines.
- Follow installation standards, project plans and related documentation to ensure a high level of success during the implementation process
- Develop and deliver technical training designed to enable/educate clients
- Report project status, schedules, issues, resolutions and completions to Project Manager
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of the following web technologies: XML, SPML/SOAP, Web and Application Servers, HTML.
- Experience setting up and installing software on both Windows and Unix (Linux, Sun, HP, AIX) platforms.
- Working knowledge of Databases (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL).
- Understanding of with Directories (LDAP, AD).
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience working with clients, partners and vendors.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Background check and drug screen
- Experience in a startup company is a plus.
- Computer Science, Engineering, equivalent degree or work experience
- J2EE certification is a plus
- CISSP certification is a plus
- The position is based in Los Angeles, CA. This position requires up to 40% travel