Our client Darktrace, the first company (and leader) to develop an AI system for cyber security, is currently expanding its Threat Analyst team to accommodate a rapidly-growing customer base and accelerating revenues.
Darktrace is the world’s leading machine learning company for cyber security. Created by mathematicians from the University of Cambridge, Darktrace’s Enterprise Immune System uses AI algorithms that mimic the human immune system to defend enterprise networks of all types and sizes.
In this position you will:
- Work with senior analysts to write and distribute cyber threat reports
- Communicate complex technical details around cyber risk to an executive level audience
- Responsibilities may also include project management of the internal processes around the report writing cycle.
We are looking for STEM graduates of top universities to turn into cyber security experts.
This is NOT a coding position although it is technical and does require a computer science foundation. As you progress in your career, there could be special projects to work with the developers in the UK.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a scientific or engineering discipline (GPA of 3.5 or above).
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both verbal and written as well as organization and time management skills.
• Experience and proven ability to work autonomously and in a team in an innovative and fast-paced environment whilst delivering to deadlines. Motivated by independent learning.
• Enthusiasm for innovation, experimentation and self-development in the cyber security field.
• Strong computer science foundation
• Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus!
Training will be given to gain the following experience:
• Knowledge of networking and security architecture.
• Experience with cyber security/incident response, security architecture; working towards security certification such as CISSP, GIAC or vendor specific are desirable.
• Practical experience with network and security devices/systems e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEM.
• Experience of programming/scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby).
• Hands-on sys admin skills (Linux and Windows) and experience with network and packet analysis using open source technologies.
The program is open to recent graduates, and those with 1-3 years of junior experience.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide sponsorship for these positions.
Along with your resume, please provide a 1 to 2-page writing sample on a technical subject. We are looking for strong written communication skills as this position will require writing technical reports that will be read by both technical and lay people. The ability to communicate technical subjects in an understandable and concise manner is key to being successful in this role.