View job on Handshake
Get hands-on experience in the growing field of cyber threat intelligence while working with an experienced team tasked with Safeguarding Civilization!
Dragos is seeking a passionate Vulnerability Research Intern to join the intelligence research team. As a Vulnerability Research Intern at Dragos, you will evaluate control systems, operational networks, and ICS applications to measure the impact of exploits and attacks. Dragos informs customers to enable decision-making and develops analytics to detect their use in various operational environments. This position collaborates with the threat operations center, research and development, and hunters in intelligence to provide the opportunity for paid real-world experience in a fast-growing sector in cybersecurity.
The Dragos Threat Intelligence team is responsible for identifying and characterizing threats made to industrial control systems and the organizations that depend on them. We analyze existing threats and hunt for future capabilities, translating threats into actionable mitigation for customers.
- Hunt for new threats and binaries under the supervision of a mentor
- Help automate analysis and workflow.
- Analyze firmware and binaries for vulnerabilities utilizing static and dynamic analysis tools such as Ghidra, IDA Pro and Binwalk
- Leverage python and Burp Suite to develop web scrapers for data collection
- Create plugins and analyze binaries using the Firmware Analysis and Comparison Tool (FACT)
- Committed to being a team player on a fast-moving team focused on rapidly innovating the state of industrial security.
- Basic Python programming skills
- Comfortable with command-like interfaces such as BASH or PowerShell
- Communication skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively
- Understanding of common operating system internals: interrupts, memory allocation, semaphores, and other OS mechanisms
- The ability to identify analytic opportunities.
- Applied knowledge of network communication fundamentals
- Interested in cyber and embedded security
Compensation and Work Schedule
- $20/hr. hours
- Full time (40 hrs. a week) from June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
- A laptop and all necessary software will be provided for the duration of your internship
Dragos is the Industrial Cybersecurity expert on a relentless mission to safeguard civilization. In a world of rising cybersecurity threats, Dragos protects the most critical infrastructure – those that provide us with the tenets of modern civilization – from increasingly capable adversaries who wish to do it harm. Devoted to codifying and sharing our in-depth industry knowledge of ICS/OT systems, Dragos arms industrial defenders around the world with the knowledge and tools to protect their systems as effectively and efficiently as possible. Founded by world-class industrial intelligence experts, Dragos has the industry’s largest team of ICS/OT practitioners who have been on the front lines of the world’s most significant industrial cyber-attacks.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are core values at Dragos, and we are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all. We know that every member of our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions. Not only does a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion focus enrich our environment and teams, but it is also critical to our success as we defend against adversaries all over the world. The broad range of ideas, experiences, and perspectives is critical to our success.
Dragos is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local laws. All new hires must pass a background check as a condition of employment.