At QBE, our purpose is to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions inside and outside of work. From development opportunities, to flexible work options and highly competitive reward and benefits packages, we understand the importance of living our values when it comes to our people. Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our company’s cultural elements – because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference.
This opportunity is typically college or graduate students working toward a degree in insurance, risk management, or any quantitative field develop functional insurance knowledge and skills related to industry principles, operations and concepts. Develop procedural knowledge within designated area. Primary Responsibilities
• Develop and implement performance and developmental coaching plans with the support of your manager
•Implementation, monitoring and follow up of effective profit improvement plans for assigned territory.
•Build relationships with immediate and broader QBE team
• High School Diploma/GED
• Follow established guidelines to focus on details and complete tasks attentively and thoroughly
•Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
•Understand customer needs and goals actively look for ways to meet them
•Multi-task and handle competing priorities
•Escalate issues when necessary
•Show drive and initiative
•Be a willing, effective, and efficient learner
•Professional, polished, poised and positive demeanor
•Demonstrated interest in enhancing knowledge; seeks opportunities to learn and grow
•Use multiple resources to gather and review information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
•Principles and processes for providing customer service
•Terminology, function and fundamental capabilities of common computer, software, information and communication technology devices, components, and concepts
QBE Cultural DNA
• Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviours that link to our cultural elements:-We are customer-centred-We are technical experts-We are diverse-We are fast-paced-We are courageous-We are accountable-We are a teamAll employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only – Travel Frequency
US Only – Physical Demands
• General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only – Disclaimer
• To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
• Individual Contributor
• The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.