View job on Handshake
As the world’s leading office furniture company, Steelcase strives to unlock human promise in the workplace and shape the future of our industry. This role offers an unparalleled opportunity to work with senior executives (C-Suite) and shape their understanding of the market with insights and rigorous analysis.
As part of the role, you will help craft our strategic research, hypotheses, and execution. You will develop compelling and clear narratives that synthesize important information surrounding large strategic initiatives. Using your creativity, analytical, and interpersonal skills, you will help us drive growth and transform the future of work. You will own a project that you’ll see start to finish.
WHAT WE’RE OFFERING:
- Chance to spend part of the summer shadowing meetings and conducting a project with the CEO
- Meaningful impact in a forward-thinking, global organization starting your first day
- Challenging, stimulating work on strategic projects using both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis
- Structured internship program with numerous opportunities for learning and collaboration from all levels of the organization
- A highly collaborative and innovative culture with a diverse and talented group of colleagues
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Critical Thinking: You thrive on analyzing situations using lateral thinking and structured problem-solving.
- Business Judgement: You have a knack for discerning and summarizing what matters and an ability to quickly understand complex business situations.
- An Eagerness to Learn: You want to increase your business knowledge and are a self-starter.
- Project & Self-Management: You establish deadlines and define next steps – for yourself and others.
- Communication Skills: You demonstrate strong written and presentation skills and can effectively communicate with senior executives. You can synthesize the most important elements of information.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Generate high-level content and presentations to facilitate conversation in executive meetings
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather insights and drive progress on projects
- Research and analyze data to extract relevant strategic insights
- Manage work plans and create deliverables for your own individual project and team workstreams
- Contribute meaningfully to team discussions and events
We are looking for two undergraduate students graduating in Spring 2023 (or December 2022) with a strong record of academic excellence and extra-curricular leadership available to work full-time during the summer (May-August).
Recruiting Info & Process:
Please submit: Your resume (which includes your cumulative GPA and SAT/ACT score) and cover letter expressing your interest in the position by September 17th, 2021.
Expected Internship Duration: 13-14 weeks (May 9th – August 12th, 2022)
Salary Range – ($11,000- $14,000) **based on # of college credits & # of previous internship experiences
Additional Financial Perks: Relocation assistance & housing/transportation subsidy
Recruiting process– application submission, video screen, interview (1/2 case, behavioral), 2nd interview w/ leadership (75 minutes = 1/2 case, 1/2 behavioral).
**For top candidates who go through 2nd round interviews and are not selected, we will try our best to match your interests to other open internships within the organization.
We are a global company with over 12,000 employees around the world. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we are committed to integrity and doing the right thing for our customers, employees, business partners, and the environment. Steelcase is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion.
FYI: We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.