Corporate Strategy and Business Development Analyst Intern, Summer 2023
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in entertainment with world class brands such as Disney, ESPN, ABC, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20th Century Studios, FX, National Geographic, and Hulu that span industries and international markets. Join the talented team that develops and delivers premier content and unparalleled experiences to people around the world.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Corporate Strategy and Business Development is a highly visible corporate department of approximately fifteen professionals with backgrounds in media, consulting, investment banking, and private equity who serve as in-house advisors to The Walt Disney Company’s executive leadership. The department’s activities and accomplishments have contributed to the growth and success of the company’s segments, including Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution and Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products.
Examples of work we have done over the last several years include:
- Strategy: Disney and ESPN direct-to-consumer strategy
- Acquisitions: 21st Century Fox, BAMTech, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar
- Joint Ventures: Equity Investment in Hulu, Combination of A&E and Lifetime
- Divestitures: 21st Century Fox’s Regional Sports Networks, Endemol Shine, FoxNext Games, Super RTL
Make an impact by…
Analyst interns are expected to fill a very similar role to full time analysts throughout their summer. Interns play a key role in new business development; joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures; the development of the corporate strategic plan; and selected business unit strategies. The position entails building complex financial models in Excel, analyzing and synthesizing data from a variety of sources, and communicating information through coherent oral and written presentations. Analyst interns develop excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills while building a rich base of knowledge within the entertainment industry. Analyst interns gain exposure to the executive decision-making process and have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of one of America’s most successful corporations.
What you bring to the role…
- Excellent record of academic and professional achievement
- Demonstrated analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- A team-oriented attitude
- A passion for both business and media & entertainment
- Proficient Excel skills
- A junior pursuing an bachelor’s degree
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- The approximate dates of this internship are June – August 2023
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- This internship is a hybrid position — Must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation for work in the Burbank, CA area. Also requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.