Corporate & Investment Banking Analyst 2022 – NYC
About this Job
Global Banking and Markets provides a full range of credit, risk management, corporate and investment banking products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, debt products, derivatives, foreign exchange and bullion & base metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by Scotiabank.
Location: New York, New York
Format: Candidates should intend to be in commuting distance of our 250 Vesey downtown Manhattan offices for hybrid and/or fully in-office experience depending on team.
Position Highlights: Our Analyst Program at Scotiabank is designed to submerge recent graduates into the stimulating and challenging career of investment banking involving equity financings and mergers and acquisitions. The Analyst will gain exposure to Corporate Banking, Investment Banking and Equity Capital Markets Groups. Summer Analysts will learn to perform complex financial analysis such as market comparisons, company valuations and pro-forma financial modeling. In addition, Analysts prepare company and industry specific research to support financial valuations.
Putting forth a strong and consistent effort is critical to the success and development of an Analyst at Scotiabank. Front Office Analysts must have a strong work ethic, be accommodating and maintain extremely high professional standards.
An Analyst is typically involved in a number of deals and projects at the same time and will work with several senior group members from specific industry sectors concurrently. Balancing the requirements of multiple deal assignments and/or projects can be very demanding. Analysts must also be willing to work extended business hours, including weekends as required, in order to meet multiple work deadlines.
Corporate and Investment Banking Analysts will have the opportunity to be placed in coverage groups including Chemicals, Credit Analytics Group, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Media & Telecom, Power and Utilities, Real Estate, Technology Banking and more based on student preferences and business need.
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models, marketing materials and presentations
- Supporting and creating client pitches and deal execution efforts
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries, including the development of valuation models, pro-forma financial statements and comparable company analysis, etc.
- Preparing client presentations
- Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives
- Undergraduate or graduate degree to be completed between April 2021 and August 2022
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- A clearly defined interest in Corporate and/or Investment Banking
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines
- The ability to perform effectively in a team environment
- High professional standards
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- A strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
- Independent thinker and proven ability to make decisions
- Strong excel and powerpoint skills, including financial modeling skills.
- Related industry experience through internships, coursework, extracurriculars a plus
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics welcomed.