Join Caterpillar. And build a better tomorrow.
Summer 2022 Corporate Intern Session: May 16, 2022 – August 5, 2022
This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 12 weeks.
Minimum hourly rate of pay is $20.30
- Optional medical coverage
- Optional voluntary benefits
- Paid holidays
Besides exciting work, Corporate Interns will experience:
- Comprehensive internship orientation
- Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Product Demonstration
- Various social events
- Networking with leadership
- Business skill building
- Career discussion with leaders and experts
Software Engineer – Interns will contribute to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art digital platform, work with an agile engineering team to provide computer programming assistance in the development of several software projects. Assist with the troubleshooting and deployment of the software projects.
Data Analytics – Interns will apply analytics techniques on a very large set of diverse data from IoT connected assets, anomaly detection, business analytics, data visualization, and business marketing analytics. The Data Analytics interns contribute to the analytics project teams tasked with solving problems of medium to high complexity working in a analytics approach, related digital technology, or business domain.
Cat Digital is the digital and technology arm of Caterpillar, the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives.
Cat Digital is leading our industry with the utilization of data, analytics, innovation, digital channels and techniques to drive profit, create more efficient revenue growth, unlock new revenue streams, and provide more durable competitive advantages for the business through unexpectedly great experiences for our customers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
- Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Data Science/Analytics, Data Visualization, Marketing Analytics, Math, Stats, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Systems Engineering or related degree
- Expected graduation date of August 2022 and beyond
- Minimum cumulative GPA requirement 3.0/ 4.0 (no rounding)
- Must be able/willing to relocate to internship location
Top Candidates will also have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Previous technical internship, co-op, or research/relevant experience
- Participation in school clubs or student organizations
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication skills, initiative, and intellectual curiosity
- Able to work independently or as a collaborative team member
- Ability to learn and comply with company policies and procedures
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment where digital is still evolving as a core offering
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-orientated environment
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.