View job on Handshake
The Corporate Affairs Intern will assist in the development of materials to communicate about Exact Sciences to a cross-section of internal and external audiences, including Exact Sciences employees, advocacy groups, national partners, news media, community organizations and government agencies. The position is intended to be a part-time opportunity for an undergraduate student to obtain hands-on public relations experience contributing to the company’s effort to provide earlier, smarter solutions in the fight against cancer.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide succinct, strongly written materials for use with media, stakeholders, advocacy groups, internal audiences, and senior management.
- Research key issues in the health care, biotech and investment sectors.
- Support the development and delivery of media relations documents including pitch emails, press releases, blog posts and op-eds.
- Communicate directly with senior management ahead of key events, including internal team meetings, public events and media activities.
· Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
· Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Physical requirements:
o Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately less than 1% of a typical working day.
o Ability to work seated for approximately 90-100% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
o Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
o Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
o Ability to work on a computer and phone simultaneously.
o Ability to use a telephone through a headset.
o Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
· Travel Requirements
o Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
o Ability to travel 10% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
· Enrollment toward a Bachelor’s degree in Strategic Communications, Journalism, Mass Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field
· List any technical skills:
o Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
o Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
· Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
· Experience with video editing, graphic design software, web design, podcasting, and other digital media tools a plus.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.