The hourly base rate of pay for this internship starts at $15.40, and may increase based on major and class standing.
SRNS’ NNSA Operations & Programs operates the Savannah River Tritium Enterprise, the nation’s only facilities for extracting, recycling, purifying and reloading tritium, a radioactive isotope of hydrogen that is a key element of modern nuclear weapons. SRTE supports five tritium and gas transfer system-related missions on behalf of NNSA: tritium supply, stockpile maintenance, stockpile evaluation, helium-3 recovery, and research and development (R&D).
This is an internship opportunity for undergraduate students in a technical or business discipline. The intern will support the SRTE Continuous Improvement group managing projects related to supporting Tritium Operating Production System (Lean Operating System) projects. They will work with a variety and diverse group of maintenance, engineering, and operations personnel.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- Must be a full-time student at an accredited four-year college or university, or within one year after finishing a degree program.
- Must have completed freshman year of college.
- Must successfully complete Savannah River Site General Employee Training and substance abuse processing.
Other Basic Requirements:
- Unofficial transcripts are required and must be uploaded into BrassRing before the job posting closes.
- Proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination will be required for employment at SRNS.
Preferred Qualifications: Engineering major preferred