Imagine a future where your analytical skills contribute to making the vision of a world that runs entirely on green energy technically and financially viable
Join us in this role where you’ll work at the intersection of engineering and economics to evaluate the future of pricing in US-organized electricity markets and find the optimal way to integrate, operate, and manage the price risk associated with renewable generation and storage assets. You’ll apply your analytical skills to complex problems and help drive the ambitious US growth targets of one of the largest players in the transition to sustainable green energy worldwide.
Welcome to US Onshore Transmission
You’ll be part of the Congestion & Market Analysis team where you, together with your colleagues, will grow your understanding of the operation of power systems and wholesale electricity markets and apply it to the financial evaluation of future technologies, potential projects, and existing assets. You’ll be part of a dynamic, friendly, and intellectually challenging work environment. You’ll use commercial and internally developed software and databases to produce high-quality, actionable analysis and discuss your methods and results with your colleagues, both within and across teams.
You’ll play an important role in:
- guiding our company’s long-term strategy, acquisition and development of projects, and congestion risk management by providing a forward view of wholesale electricity markets
- using specialized software to forecast electricity prices in US Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs)
- collecting, updating, and maintaining input data used for congestion analysis
- evaluating the impact of potential regulatory changes that may affect US wholesale electricity markets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- will need solid analytical skills and the ability to work with, organize, and interpret large and complex data sets
- will need an open and curious mind, an eagerness to understand challenging subjects, and a willingness to ask questions
- must have a master’s degree in electrical engineering or a similar quantitative field
- will benefit from prior experience (academic or professional) with programming, data analysis, optimization, and/or power systems modeling software.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-02-14. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.