View job on Handshake
Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve in a software developer role on teams focused on delivering innovative solutions for traffic coordination, big data processing and analysis, computer vision, machine learning, and intelligent decision support systems.
- Save lives, reduce emissions, and make the roadways safer.
- We bring together talented people from all backgrounds to help us deliver innovative software solutions in the transportation industry.
- Join a dedicated team of software developers focused on improving transportation.
- Design and code, often for complex solutions, products that directly affect the lives and actions of the travelling public
- Perform programming tasks to enhance and maintain software used to improve traffic safety, travel times, intelligence and sensing, and more.
- Grow your skills by learning new technologies, and applying your skillsets in novel ways. Guide your career by finding your passion and pursuing it.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Undertake tasks working in coordination with the project manager and other team members.
- Work with senior software engineers in regard to best practices of multiple programming languages.
- Perform in all phases of the development lifecycle, including requirements definition, software/systems design, implementation, testing, integration, and system support
- Maintain a high level of code quality by writing unit tests, participating in code reviews, and debugging software modules
- Implement code using concepts of user interface design patterns, object oriented design, refactoring, design patterns, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, concurrency, modeling, and database design
- Requires an Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related with directly related industry experience
- 0-5 years: Familiarity with object oriented development in a language such as C#, C++, or Java
- Additional skills in other technologies such as SQL, Docker, WPF, ASP.NET, MVVM, MVC, Kubernetes, Python, AWS, React, Angular, GIS, etc. are helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well both individually and as a member of a project team
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace